Co-ordinated Genes Warboard attack

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Zoorland

Re: Co-ordinated Genes Warboard attack

Post by Zoorland »

Well, are we planning on trying this again sometime? I'm willing to keep saving up forces to throw at the AI in a concerted effort, but sadly I can only contribute to Space deployments. I had been saving up to buy a nice ground-based GPDS, but once the warboard actually released and I saw how things were calculated, I was forced to spend those points on getting the last few space schematics instead just to be able to field a worthwhile force. :/
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

We may try it again, although we did not see any advantage to doing a RAID type attack, what we seem to get is around the same results as if we went in alone and not combined.
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

I don't know that I completely agree that we saw no effect, as my numbers (enemies killed, exp gained in particular) were noticeably better (e.g. 292 killed together vs. 275 killed individually, with the same deployment).

The main thing to keep in mind, I think, is that there were I think 5 of us involved. Back in the old days, 5 would have been a pretty small RAID party and probably wouldn't have gotten very far (depending on who the 5 were, of course). Once more people get their Genesis plots up and running, and real numbers of participants can get involved (whole guilds, for example), I imagine the results will be much more obvious. And keep in mind that once you send in your deployment, there's a fairly large window for others to be involved - unlike past RAID parties where the timing is much shorter and the coordination is more important.

Whether large coordination or not, I still prefer to send my forces to locations that already have at least some troop presence, as even a small boost is a boost.

And just in case its not clear, all this is me speaking as a player, as I don't know much more than the rest of you about all of this - the limited testing I did taught me the basics that everyone else has figured out by now :-P
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

Ground took a long time to finish (I blame Piko and his 23 Sorties ;) ) I still want to try Space and would like to do Space, same time and day this weekend.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Next date: Thursday, 9th day of June, 16:00 GT (4pm). Land Assault on Toyila. My 500 and ArJay's 600 will be dropped. Join Us! This Universe needs You.

Let's Crush that Ugly AI!!!
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

I will join in with a 600.
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sparky »

I am building up G points to get a land spot to join in on all this but LOL...it might take a wee while to get deploying!
I am very keen to join in and help out with kicking AI arse though!
Just missed the boat with Genesis. doh!
Pleaselet me know if I can do anything indirectly to help you all with this effort (Email in game please).
Good luck.
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

I can join but I wont be able to make that time....17:30 would be my earliest
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Won't be a problem we will be in there for hours, I'd tell you how long but I don't know what time I dropped the last one but it must have been in there well over 4.5 hours.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

3 Hrs 57 Mins to go.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."