Nebula resources

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Nebula resources

Post by Bloodskye »

Does anyone know if Nebula are built (internally) like resources on planets? Resources on planets have a certain number of slots and a given resource stays for a certain number of days and expires if not extracted.

Are nebula built the same way, or is it just a random result each time?

Is there a limit to how many harvesters you can put on a given nebula?

Is there any advantage to spreading your harvesters over several nebula vs. grouping them all of them at the same spot?
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Nebula resources

Post by Bebeb »

Nebula are built differently to planet ORSA plots.

The results are randomized and taken from a nebula table not a limited list, the number of the resource located is randomized along with the time available to gather it.

The number of harvesters you can deploy at each nebula are only limited by your SP count and the numbers used for the harvesters you deploy until your points are all used and all your CES harvesters are used.

No advantage i have seen from one to another or spreading them throughout the universe, as for grouping the only advantage would be keeping your Dyz fuel in one location instead of as many as you use and having all the resources in the same location. You could also define the access to the location as an advantage. If you go to a system with a nebula in it for any other reason and can do your management while there you could save on fuel used if using other locations you wouldn't normally go to.

Bebeb.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
Bullwyf

Post by Bullwyf »

Also, I believe 550 Survey skill is the minimum recommended to be able to find dark matter which is the real reason to bother with harvesters. I will set mine up and recall and reactivate them until I find dark matter and then will collect that resource until it dries up, rinse and repeat. I only have 1 harvester currently am not a pro by any means, but thought I'd throw this out there.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

iirc 550 in survey is for last one - but I never had so much...
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

550? need to check what i missed .... oops, i am at 542 now, but also sure it is not needed.
Bullwyf

Post by Bullwyf »

the 550 or maybe 500 was what I was told would give you a reasonably good chance of finding dark matter more often than not. You can find it at lower skills it just may take more attempts. Also, it could have changed since that was the rule of thumb from a year or 2 back.
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

thanks! Appreciate the info.
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.