Nebula Service Advanced Management

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Nebula Service Advanced Management

Post by Sukayo »

Hi

anyone out here using this?

I stumbled over one feature, which leads to manual filling up an harvester with fuel when it sits on a good slot.

By default the harvesters stops when fuel empty or hold full - it ends the mining cycle. When hold gets emptied and/or fuel refilled we can activate it again, which leads to a new cycle, so instead dark matter it possible finds Titanium.

Against this behavior i can restart the current mining cycle when i dock directly at the nebula to refill a small amount -it starts to work where it finished.

I can combine both also, refill and leave something to get refilled manual, not using activate, dock and refill what is left or a minimal quantity - and it harvests at the slot it has until it runs empty.

This account upgrade offers nice features, but hampers one of IMHO key features of harvesting, how to harvest a slot until it is empty.
Also it does not allow the tactic searching for a good new slot with a small amount of fuel, and filling/starting to harvest it from far away.

My question:
How do you feel, when using Nebula Service Advanced Management ?
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Re: Nebula Service Advanced Management

Post by aRJay »

I am using it, and I find that emptying the hold remotely when on a good resource has no effect and as I harvest a nebula near my home base popping over to add top up fuel isn't a major issue. It just comes down to learning a changed procedure, and the advantage of no having to fly back and forth removing 10,000 units of resource and adding fuel is a worth it.

What I do find irritating is that I can't check on my harvesters unless I am docked where there is a commercial store.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Nebula Service Advanced Management

Post by Sukayo »

CS needed to use the service, i forgot to add this.

And thanks, you confirmed it, still you need to be close by to handle the harvesters in all situations.