Combat mission question

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
goliath

Combat mission question

Post by goliath »

I picked up the mission without location - only target type, assuming the target can be killed anywhere (low reward price also presumed an easy task).
I am trying to kill the target randomly around the galaxies for a few months, but kills count remains zero.

Am I missing something or just need to attempt combat in every System-Planet until proper location found?

Thanks
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Combat mission question

Post by Darakhoranon »

Go to "View Tasks/Combat Missions", that should show you the kind of enemy you have to kill and its location. Or are you talking about an NPC mission (that is NOT a combat mission - technically speaking). Even those tell you where to go, though as far as I know, some pirate NPC missions are "good luck finding them"...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
goliath

Post by goliath »

Darakhoranon wrote:Go to "View Tasks/Combat Missions", that should show you the kind of enemy you have to kill and its location.
Talking about the task without location (attached screenshot)
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (48.65 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Perhaps the location in Hexham that blew up?
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hold your right mouse button and drag over the location/system columns (highlight them), perhaps you got some
kind of color inversion happening.
Otherwise this looks like a bug - report this to the devs.
goliath

Post by goliath »

No, it is not a font color issue. I compared a line without a location with another one within html table code and sure location cells are empty.
I remember that picked up this mission was without location and not an only one. I was sure these missions are valid.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Looks definitely like a bug considering what you've told us, so report it.

Apart from that, your only option probably is to abort that faulty mission - unless you REALLY feel like searching each single system in the game until you find the right one... ;-)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

This was bug logged and resolved this morning. As this is the first time we have seen this in over 110,538 combat missions I'm going to put it down to a comms glitch on the actual 'taking of the mission' In the actual table two fields were empty which leads me to believe that only half the SQL inserts in the list of commands were ran.

IF anyone is actually seeing 'Blank Entries' IN the combat offices please log these details in a bug report as that's far more of an issue. We will need where you saw this and your Ships Stats at the time please. Min and Max Shield, HP and Weapon.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!