Events Effects

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
von Wolfenbitten

Events Effects

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Since the "other" thread has become a place for whining, carping, and back-biting, I had to start this one just for one simple question:

How does the damage from the "structural damage" events manifest itself?

Is it by lost HP? Or are we going to lose a building slot? Or is Rexx coming to visit?

Anyone know?
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Re: Events Effects

Post by Gruntok »

Until now, I had just one event with structural damage, and that was some HP loss.
Losing a slot seems a bit over the edge to me, don't think it will ever happen.
And Rexx coming to visit... that's plain mean man.
Wiki Nut
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

I gathered a bit of data on this topic to see how serious this is, considering all the fuss going on lately...

Settlement level 4, CAIC building equipped, no research done:

Data Breach Settlement Security Feb 20th 21:29 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Loss -5,359, Morale Affected: -1

Lights Out Trade & Research Feb 18th 20:54 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | SRP Loss -52, Morale Affected: -1

Lab Accident Trade & Research Feb 20th 11:14 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | SRP Loss -61, Morale Affected: -1

Too Fast - Too Fast! Settlement Security Feb 18th 11:09 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Loss -5,434 | HP Loss -1,052, Morale Affected: -2

Settlement level 5, CAIC building equipped, no research done:

Warning Flammable Emergency Services Feb 20th 22:34 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Loss -6,223 | HP Loss -1,187, Morale Affected: -2

Cant Save Them All Emergency Services Feb 18th 22:04 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Loss -5,142 , Morale Affected: -1

Lab Accident Trade & Research Feb 20th 21:49 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | SRP Loss -63, Morale Affected: -2

Too Fast - Too Fast! Settlement Security Feb 18th 21:34 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Loss -5,174 | HP Loss -865, Morale Affected: -1

Settlement level 6, CAIC building equipped, 20% research in all three (Mos Eisley):

Yeah for the AI Complex! Emergency Services Feb 20th 22:29 Good Event

Settlement Critical Systems were unaffected by this event, Morale Affected: 2 (this was meant as a bad event, but was prevented from happening)

Cant Save Them All Emergency Services Feb 18th 21:39 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Loss -6,310, Morale Affected: -2

Settlement level 6, CAIC building equipped, 18% research in all three (Bestine):

Credit where credits due Settlement Security Feb 21st 01:09 Good Event
Event Systems Affected | Credits Gained 6,158, Morale Affected: 1

Lights Out Trade & Research Feb 19th 00:54 Bad Event
Event Systems Affected | SRP Loss -54, Morale Affected: -2

Observations?
I suggested players that have no research done but CAIC equipped to simply ignore event system for now. Far better to spend SRPs to advance to level 5 and place Advanced University down. Will fetch a lot more SRPs as bad events can take away. Better spent SRPs would be even in +1 in ore mining ;)

Only difference i can see is that settlement repair facilities will be needed down the road. Some events damage settlement HP and when it comes low enough settlement will start suffering -5 to morale on daily basis. Low HP and strong enough shield in order to avoid investing in repair facility is no longer sustainable. Since there are many different events and HP damaging ones are only some of them, one can go on as long as he/she wants using settlement armour kits or repair pods, but it will require a bit more caring.

If you dont have a CAIC equipped, priority should of course be to get one. Though i havent seen how severe events are if you dont have one, i doubt they will do in worst case scenario anything else but cripple settlement a bit until one is obtained.

So in the end (as usually turns out with such things), a lot of fuss for nothing...
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

great post and research Hun.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

I don't have the C.A.I.C building fitted on either of my settlements and my 4 events were .
Morale loss 4% / Credit loss 11233 / SRP loss 798
Morale loss 3% / Credit loss 14919 / SRP loss 726
Morale loss 4% / Credit loss 19440 / SRP loss 975
Morale loss 5% / Credit loss 12058 / SRP loss 951
Delandra
CE Official Supporter

Post by Delandra »

did you have a large SRP stockpile?
wondering if the large SRP loss is due to the size of SRPs or due to the lack of CAIC..
if its just the lack of one then this is a large slowdown for a lvl 4 settlement.. but .. soon the CAIC will be a prerequisite .. so maybe not a big issue..

i still very much like the addition of events as they make the settlements real and not some set and forget resource..

Del
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Achilleos wrote:I don't have the C.A.I.C building fitted on either of my settlements and my 4 events were .
Achilleos. please add frequency and how much SRP you make in a day. I'd like to see whether you are going negative and how fast.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Achilleos wrote:I don't have the C.A.I.C building fitted on either of my settlements and my 4 events were .
SRP with decent credits and morale loss is probably the worst you can get, or so it seems. But even if you look at this, in the end it aint tragic. Events are on same frequency as pirate attacks. Each pirate attack defended gives +5 morale. So you are good as far as morale goes. Each settlement on average according to your numbers generates a 7.2k credits loss per day. Which is something that can accumulate over time, but seriously, this is a drop in a bucket. One million in credits will buy you almost 70 days for both of them.

SRP loss is greatest downfall and by your numbers this nets less to 450 daily SRP loss per settlement. This is less than one Advanced Research center and you can have three or with other words, you are getting slowed down by 33%. All i see is settlement development being hampered until you get a CAIC building. Nothing along the lines of a disaster or game breaking. Potentially annoying as it came out all of a sudden? Yes. Or depending who you are, it can also be challenging :) . In any case it is short of delivering any knockout blow to a settlement even if events are ignored completely. At least for now.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

My settlement Masons Lodge in Furnace is making 2812 SRP per day and I had just over 131000srp. I now have the C.A.I complex fitted there and all three researched one level, I'm going to wait to see the result of the next event before researching anymore.
I'll post for my other settlement when I'm next in sphere, that still has no complex fitted and there is very little srp there as I'd just recently opened up another slot on the settlement expander.

Both my settlements are level 5 by the way.
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

One of the things that just came to mind while caching up on the forum posts is that these Settlement events are far more fair and actually offer the sett owner a chance of having a good event. Compare to the old drag in events which every caption could have while moving around the galaxies. The only time a possible positive result could be had was by combat pilots. Hauler/mining captions would always loose, XP, credits and cargo which in most circumstances for those captions was highly prized and expensive to them. Even with this occurring players understood that this is just something which occurred in the game and worked with it until the game had expanded so much that it was no longer in the games interest to keep drag in events.