DGS - Bot Offline

Help on joining in the Core-Exiles community chat. We run a 24X7 dedicated Discord chat server. You can connect with the in game chat which opens in a browser or via one of their many desktop apps.
Coops
Site Admin

DGS - Bot Offline

Post by Coops » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 pm

It appears that Discord have made changes ot the rules for bots and this has meant that our own DGS bot is no longer working. The change is so severe that it has caused the authors of the bot software to have to do a full re-wite from the ground up.

If and when they complete this we will reinstate the DGS bot on the Chat channel. Whilst there are other bots out there this was the most stable and offered the options we needed. I'll also keep my eyes open for alternatives should the awesome team not come though.

Coops

A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!

james t kirk

Re: DGS - Bot Offline

Post by james t kirk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:08 am

shame we can't go back to irc that worked so well especially with screen readers.

Coops
Site Admin

Re: DGS - Bot Offline

Post by Coops » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 am

We have a number of VI and Blind players who have sussed out how to use Discord. A few are regulars in chat these days as much as they were in the old days. Sadly no matter how much we want to stay in the past we have to move forward and IRS is one of those things we've had to leave behind.

As for the bot, we have been looking at a few replacements but nothing we really feel works for the CE crowd has come up yet.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!