Adjustment for combat

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Adjustment for combat

Post by Historical Archives »

Whilst scanning through the list of baddies ones that are rock solid are in red and the ones that you are more likely to win againast are green??
I think that this is right.

Now , there is a way to check colours whilst scanning through with myJAWS software but when you are scanning through list after list of bad guys it is very, very slow! So I was wondering how easy it would b to put *s into the threat ratings some how plase.

For example

Ship A is hard**
Ship B is easier*

The more *s that a ship has the harder it is.

Stars stand out from the mass of text when listening to loads of lines, so this is why I have chosen them as a good marker etc.

It is up to the code writers to determine how easy this would be to implement. :)

Thanks for your time.

Sparky, Jul 13, 2014
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Adjustment for combat

Post by Historical Archives »

Hi Sparky,

You can change your JAWS configuration, so it reads the alternate text of the View button. on that text, it reads the threat level, current and actual.
Threat levels go from 0 (woa) to 26 (harder than hard)

In my case, I have set the buttons setting to "show using longest" and it works perfectly.

Hope that helps,

Gruntok, Jul 13, 2014
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Adjustment for combat

Post by Coops »

Small update for the VI community here. Today I added an extra bit of information on the Button in question. Up till now it was showing the Threat and Actual Threat, it now also displays an additional word. Good or Bad. This is to help you differentiate the Affiliation - IE good or Bad guys.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

God and badRe: Adjustment for combat

Post by Sparky »

Nice one Coops!
As soon as my new ship is fitted, I will checkout the combat.
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)