Combat with Mac & Voice Over

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Combat with Mac & Voice Over

Post by Historical Archives »

are there any blind folk out there how know how to get voice over to read the threat level of a ship as viewed on a combat scan? with jaws you just change the button read settings in your html settings, but i can't find anywhere how to do this with voice ovver. is there a way to do it, or is it not possible. it's mountain lion.

currently no way to see what threat level the ship is on the scan screen and am really hoping there is a way to fix this.

thanks much

Holiday, Jul 21, 2013
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Combat with Mac & Voice Over

Post by Historical Archives »

If you go into system preferences, then choose Accessibility, there are a number of options that you can tweak for voice over.

Select Voice Over in the list, then click the button that says "Open VoiceOver Utility"

Within this preference pane, there are a number of options that you can tinker with. I would suggest you go through all the options, but I suspect the one you want to play with first are the check boxes that are listed in the Web category.

HTH

Prev, Jul 24, 2013
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division