Mining Drones?

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Mining Drones?

Post by Historical Archives »

Is the "deploy mining drone" option accessible? I tried it repeatedly but with no success. Thanks.

Myste, Oct 7, 2012
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Mining Drones?

Do you own any Mining Drones? They are actual items that you have to craft or buy.

If so, are you a high enough level to use the drones you own? Do you have enough IP invested in the Drone skill to be able to deploy them?

Zoorland, Oct 7, 2012
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

yes it works with screen reader you need to go to any of the asteroid click/enter it and then click the drone from panel it will open selections of drone in your ship stores which you can deploy them.

siddharth, Oct 8, 2012
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

hi there.

as sid rightly says, this works fine. i use both window eyes and voiceover and i have no issues on clicking the links. make sure you have the correct skills and captain level.

drones are a good investment especially when you get to much higher levels.

James T Kirk, Oct 8, 2012
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

One thing I will add that might be a source of confusion, is that remember that the link to deploy a mining drone won't show up unless your orbiting an asteroid field, rather like the mining link. Once you hit this, you will be presented with a list of what drones you have in storage, assuming you have any and have the drone skill to use them, with a "deploy drone" button for each drone.

This also means the quickest way to get to that screen is navigating to the first button which is an important thing to remember for many aspects of the game.

dark empathy, Dec 2, 2012
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech