Leaving the System

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
Kormic

Leaving the System

Post by Kormic »

So I got the hang of navigation, but only within the current list of planets under the stats area on the nav screen. So how do I get to a different system within the same galaxy? Specifically I'm trying to get to Kelsy, from starbase 51. (Using IOS10 and VoiceOver.)
MarcSp

Re: Leaving the System

Post by MarcSp »

Navigate over to a Jump Gate, and dock/enter there, it should show up in list of planets/asteroid fields/etc.
There is a fifty credit docking fee, you dock to it just like a planet,

Once in, You'll get a list of adjacent star systems. You can then jump system to system
in a linear fashion, travelling the nodes until you reach your destination. Each jump costs
some fuel. Your going from Feris to Ethan to Kelsey - about 10 fuel cost.
Sorry but I don't know those VI apps and can't help you with how they read things to you.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

This post written by an ex Staffer may help with visualising the Sphere Galaxy in your mind.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1410

Also once DOCKED at a Jump Gate and shown the list of adjacent systems as Marc SP referenced to above there is also an icon on the bar tagged with the word 'Plotter'. This launches a new window with a Start and End system drop down. This then lists the systems to travel through to get where you want to go.

This may also help with working out where / how to get to a location (system).

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

have you got the VI mode activated?