assets tab missing with JAWS

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

assets tab missing with JAWS

Post by Holiday »

I Have no idea why this is, but with jaws in IE and Fire Fox I no longer get an assets tab. it goes directly from mission to the mail tab. I tested it with NVDA screen reader and the assets tab shows up, so I'm lost as what may be causing this. I can also confirm that it works properly with voice over on mac.

If anyone has any ideas or reasons or why this is happening I would really really appreciate it. currently if I want to check assets I need to turn off jaws load NVDA and then afterwards shut down NVDA and turn jaws back on. I don't like the NVDA as a default reader as it lacks features important inn JAWS.

I don't know if it has to do with the fact that the readers are now reading the tabs directly above the mailbox graphic, or if it is something I need to change in jaws settings. I've had some issues with JAWS before, but never something on a page not showing up at all.

I didn't want to file a bug report as I don't know if any other jaws users are having this problem, so if so could you post here as well? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Re: assets tab missing with JAWS

Post by Holiday »

for an update, if I was to copy and paste this is what I get as a result.

"
You may Dock at Jump Gate Nexus
System Tab
Account Tab
Mission Tab
Assets Tab

Mailbox0 GT: Feb 23rd 9:38 pm"

but JAWS doesn't pick up the assets tab, this has been confirmed with one other JAWS screen reader user.
Holiday
Prev
Site Admin

Post by Prev »

Bug log it please, we will look at it.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

bug logged, thanks.
Holiday
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Spent a while today with one of our Blind Jaws users and it seems the ajax call is causing issue with JAW's so so for now till we resolve it I have disabled the PM tab if you have the VI / blind option enabled.

Seemed it didn't matter what we did it still stripped the previous tab. We'll keep looking into it but for now you have the original four tabs back in action.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

thank you much Coops,

the location of the mail graphic on the page isn't as important for screen reader users, but the mail tab was sorta nifty. however I'd much rather prefer an assets tab if I had to choose. :)
Holiday
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

not sure if this provides a clue or not. but I've noticed that occasionally the new mail tab lines up on top of the Assets tab, effectively overlapping it visually.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

just to add for the time i was work with new tab system around mail box .
it had no problem for me in window eye screen reader it showed me all 4 tab and i was able to move between them.
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.