Combat Missions -Collecting the Crates

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
shadowkatt

Combat Missions -Collecting the Crates

Post by shadowkatt »

Hi, I have a noob question concerning the beginner missions for hunting down Rogart's Rogues in the starting system (Feris). I am supposed to hunt them down and collect a total of 5 crates for this guy Justin in Georgetown. The 2nd ship I killed, I got one to drop, but accidentally sold it :roll: Now, I have killed about 20 of them, and I haven't had another one drop for me. Did I mess up the mission by accidentally selling the 1st one, or am I just having really bad luck? I hate to abort.
MarcSp

Re: Combat Missions -Collecting the Crates

Post by MarcSp »

Probably just a bad run of luck with the random number generator. Make sure you are in the correct
location (if the mission specifies a certain location), this is a common cause of not finding mission items.
Also make sure you are killing the right ships (usually there is a ship type requirement also).
Normally I see about 1 crate per every 3 or 4 kills so it takes a while to build up the numbers.

Plus - I don't think these crates are "sellable", check in your ship hold under the misc tab to make sure
its actually gone. There are resources (look like crates) that you might have sold instead.
shadowkatt

Post by shadowkatt »

Alrighty, thank you =)
shadowkatt

Post by shadowkatt »

another quick question, I noticed when I looked up the npc on the wiki, it stated that I had to have 35,000XP with Ashar Corp., and I am Waaay below that minimum for that requirement, so is it possible that the crates are not dropping for me because of my faction standing?
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

No, the NPC would not give you the mission at all if there was a faction standing issue.
I suspect the wiki info is outdated, a lot of NPCs got their missions altered a year or so back, that
might not have propagated into the wiki.