doing the Snarg mission line need help/advice

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
james t kirk

doing the Snarg mission line need help/advice

Post by james t kirk »

hi all,

I'm trying to get the mission data cubes. I need to get 10 of them. I'm exploring derelicts I have been on and off for a couple days. not having any luck. any advice as to what I can do?
pikolinianita

Re: doing the alien mission line need help/advice

Post by pikolinianita »

What npc? What mission data cubes?
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

oops sorry it's the snargs mission.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

ahh, snargs...Almost forget this chain...

IIrc it is just walk and search. but I was able to fing one-two per day. a lot of time without courier missions :(
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

yeah see I'm not finding anything at the moment. I have been doing this for a few days and I haven't found 1. do you have to be at a certain level with the explorers league in order to get them?
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I don't beleive there is a league faction level needed, but I think it was location specific. Did it specify a particular location or system?
I recall these took a while, like piko I think only found 1 cube per every 8-10 derelicts.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Jenny works for the Explorers League and you only need a very small amount of this Faction XP to be able to start her missions. Her opening mission carries the clues as to where to get them and how :
No, don't stick your fingers in the cage!

Oh hey there, didn't see you come in, I'm Dr Levin. I've been researching Snargs, well, more just taking care of them since the Lab that created them went bust, and my shoe string budget isn't enough to do any real research.

Say, could you help me? I'm running dreadfully low on supply crates and can't afford to buy any more full price, but they can often be found on derelict vessels for those that explore them. It's not hard, you can get all the basics from a Sven or Boris store and it doesn't need any advanced equipment.

Locate 10 Mission crates (1). Return to Jenny at ARK-09 in the Aurelia system for your mission reward.
I thought I'd test if these might have been an issue slipped in and went off and scanned for a Derelict to Explore. Duly located one and entered the Airlock. Pressed the 'Search Room' icon and bang...
NPC Mission Crate Located

Captain,

Great news, it appears whilst searching this location that you have located one of the crates the NPC was looking for. You do remember you were meant to be searching for the crates for the NPC don't you?

Anyway I will make sure its moved to the ships store room for you to unpack and review at your leisure. Perhaps if you let me know how many you were looking for I could have told you if you had found enough?
So yes definitely working you just have to move around the derelicts 'searching the rooms / locations'.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
james t kirk

Re: doing the Snarg mission line need help/advice

Post by james t kirk »

yup I do searches, I hack, use tools and kill pirates ETC.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

A hint - the Crates are to be found ONLY on the Search. So if that's all you want 'Search and move on' - Not to rub it in but I located Five this morning whilst going over various Derelict pages and cleaning up a little. So they are def out there to be found.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

ok does it matter what starsystem I'm in when I do it?