mining barge questions.

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
james t kirk

mining barge questions.

Post by james t kirk »

hi all,

I have a couple questions.

for those of you who have been using the mining barges for a while, firstly do the mining operations increase your fom rating or does that only happen with you actually doing the mining? relating to that, can you do mining missions with the mining barge or is it a case of you again having to do the missions.

secondly, how many AI skill points do you have to invest in any given skill before you see any form of affect? I'm trying to increase my cybernetics skill but it's not having any affect after 83 skill points.

ps I'm loving the barge by the way!
mropso

Re: mining barge questions.

Post by mropso »

From what I have seen, I think the fist skill change comes in at 101 points and the second at 501.

I don't think that either missions or FOM are affected.

MrOpsO
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

ok another question then, may as well use this thread for them. can you swap primary abilities in and out? or is it a case of once chosen that's it?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

if you buy one you can equip and unequip freely.my mistake, you can replace them, not uneqiup one .You cannot sell back.
Last edited by pikolinianita on Tue May 09, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

ok. so how do I activate and deactivate a primary ability? I go into choose ability it shows all of them. I click on an ability that I have purchased and it says it's active but the button isn't clickable. so if I wanted to deactivate it how would I do this?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

just checked, you cannot "uneqiup", you can swap, or replace. click on one of eight round slots on main screen (below overview button) (on beginning only one is active, other are "locked"). choose ability you want to use and confirm.

Dont enter "abilities", you can buy one there, but not equip
Last edited by pikolinianita on Tue May 09, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

thanks n. yes I've seen that now you have pointed that out.

another question, I'm starting salvaging now as well with the barge. it's picking up a fair few things. does it pick up technology as well or just bits and pieces?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Just Misc (but for Crysytals you have to buy and equip ability)
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

cool thanks. here's another one, how much is it worth putting into salvage? I wish there was a skill reset option that you hav to earn every 10 levels or so like for player chars.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

would be too easy with AI Skill Reset, lol
I have 501 in salvage, I think it is a bit overkill.