Account Addons - Guide Parts 1,2,3 & 4

Everyone was new at one time or another - This section holds our helpful Guides written by players and staff. Plus Primers written by the Developers.
Coops
Site Admin

Account Addons - Guide Parts 1,2,3 & 4

Post by Coops »

From time to time I get emails, Private messages and accosted in private in chat with questions about account add-ons, what they do and should the player get one. So I thought I'd bring the info to one Single post. It may be slightly long but at least it will all be here. If I missed anything just drop me a line and I'll make sure its added.

Account Add-ons / Upgrades are termed as items purchased either from the Official CE Store or from the Festive Store that are bound to the Players Account for the life span of that account.

ALL ACCOUNT UPGRADES CAN BE FOUND OVER HERE (NEW WINDOW)

If purchased from the CE store you have our gratitude for helping Support CE. Of course if you don't have any funds some of these items can be purchased using Festive Points. Again some not all.

Universal Hangar License
This license gives you full access to the Core-Exiles 'Hangar System'. It allows for ships to be purchased and placed in the Hangar Services. (Excludes the Expanse) A license also unlocks access to a Universal Shuttle. This shuttle will be available to you at every promenade and is placed at your disposal. A Hangar License removes the 'single ship' lock and allows you to own and store as many ships as you would like. Transferring into a ship still follows the same rules and regulations. If planning on purchasing Player Made ships this add-on is required.

The U.H.L also allows you to Sell / Trade ships between your fellow players. Placing your unwanted ships up for sale is an excellent way of ensuring you dont loose out when upgrading these big ticket items.

This is a one time account upgrade.

Pod Point Expander License
Pod Points control how many Pods you can have fitted at any one time. Ships have limited Pod slots, but the overriding factor generally tends to be the actual 'Points' a Pod takes and how many you have left. You start with 10 and this add-on increases that by +5. Most old timers here will tell you that having 15 Pod points can often be a god send and is a popular upgrade at any time.

Drone Point Expander License
Mining Drones in Core-Exiles require 'Drone Points' to be deployed. You can mix and match but you cant exceed your Drone Points. This license upgrade adds +5 to your Drone Points. Again a useful account upgrade if your serious about keeping a small serviceable fleet of mining drones active.

ORSA Pro View Upgrade
This is a permanent account upgrade. Once applied you will be able to review up to date snap shots of any ORSA Office listing. (Excludes Expanse). Simply using an extended option within the 'View Extractors' page you can review ORSA listings at will from almost anywhere. This also indicates the planet, system and distance from yourself to aid in deciding where to go next.

Festive Trinket of Cheer
During your time with Core-Exiles you will find 'Festive Items' these are handed out, won or simply looted at festive times throughout the year. They have many uses but they can also be traded in at the Festive Store for 'Festive Points', These in turn can be used to purchase in game items and even some of the upgrades listed in this post.

Each festive item has a festive amount attached to it. You can review this by looking at the items info. This upgrade Doubles the value you would normally get when handing these festive items in.

Sven Trinket (Shady Trinket)
Whilst playing Core-Exiles you will pick up many items like Salvage, Debris, Data modules Containers and such like. These items can be traded for Sven Barter Points. These points can then be spent on in game items listed at any of the Sven Stores. This Upgrade Doubles the value you would normally receive when trading these items in as a Sven Store.

Golden Eagle - Account Upgrade
The Golden Eagle is for those supporters out there that would like to take the idea of the Black Raven one step further. Ever since the Black Raven was released we have been inundated with calls to add an 'optional amount' to the add / remove system of a Black Raven.

Black Raven was incredibly popular, which was unfortunate because many players now share them around rather than purchasing their own. So the Golden Eagle is an account upgrade with the standard Facility of a Black Raven but does not require a Pod, PLUS it gives you input boxes to add and remove as much or as little fuel as you want.

The Black Raven remains a player pod that enables filling your tanks or dropping off all bar 50 fuel. Current owners of these can simply sell them on to those that keep 'borrowing' them. The Golden Eagle is an account upgrade and therefore does NOT require the Black Raven or a Pod slot.

Quantum Transfer Device - POD
The Quantum Transfer Device is a cool Pod. This device allows you to transfer items FROM a distant Commercial store TO the local store. Of course it has limits, so the QTD Account upgrade increases the use to '50 Uses' per day. An extremely useful and very popular pod and account add-on.

QTD Account Upgrade
This is an account upgrade that once applied increases your daily use of the Quantum Transfer Device to 50 uses per day.
This account Upgrade still requires a Quantum Transfer Device fitted in the Pod section of your ship.

SNARG Cryostasis - Account Upgrade
This is an account upgrade that allows the Captain to place his Pet Snarg in to Cryostasis without the need of a Cryo Chamber. Once applied to an account the Captain may Freeze and Thaw his Snarg as often as he / she likes.

Snargs require food and company and are happier when well fed and thus bond quicker. The Cryostasis chamber can be used to preserve the relationship between the pet and its owner whilst you take a holiday or are planning on being absent for a period of time. You should use this chamber if you are going away for any lengthy period of time.

Certificate Training - Account Upgrade
Certificates are required for some areas of Core-Exiles and once you reach a certain point and have the correct head implants fitted you can begin training Certificates. Of course this is done in real time. So we invented a 30% Discount upgrade. Purchasing this will discount any Certificate training time you begin to learn by 30%. (Does not affect currently training certificates).

Remote Mech Assembly - Account Upgrade
Core-Exiles Mechs is the closest you will get to PVP in CE. You build your mechs choosing which chassis, armour and weapons and drop them in the grinder and hope for the best! This upgrade allows the upgraded account to access the Mech Assembly Plant remotely from anywhere via the in game Tabs. This is very handy if you don't want to return to the nearest Mech Assembly Plant. You have full access to your Mech build facilities as if at the Mech Assembly Plant in person.

ECO Repair Manager License
For those that are unaware the ECO-UPV is an all-terrain exploration vehicle used whilst exploring planets. The ECO-UPV is fitted in a spare Special Slot and cannot be removed unless it is fully repaired. You can repair an ECO whilst on a planet by using ECO repair Kits (Raptor) or you can repair an ECO from a promenade Repair Service.

Repair via promenade Repair Service requires that you have an 'ECO Repair Manager License'. This can be purchased here from the CE store or gained through various festive activities throughout the year. There is a still a small credit value attached to the repairs as the crew here at the Repair station refuse to work for Free.

Critical Combat Loot Account Upgrade
This upgrades adds a 25:1 critical roll chance to each loot window in combat loot. It also affects re-scan chances as well. If a critical roll is managed the upgrade will automatically add 50% of your maximum combat loot value to the affected loot window. Critical loot rolls are shown in RED on the loot screen.

Please note : The normal loot maximum amount is 10. This would yield a crit of 5 creating a loot of 15. You can increase your maximum loot amount by fitting Combat Loot Maximiser pods. These are both Player Engineered and also purchased through the Store.

Crit Chance: 25:1 (Per Loot)

Add-ons with Reference to Player Settlements

C.A.I.C Booster Upgrade
To fully understand how helpful this upgrade is you need to have fully read and understood the Primer guide Link this upgrade relates directly to a SETTLEMENT and must be named when making the purchase.

It adds: Emergency Services +10%, Settlement Security +10%, Trade & Research +10% to your settlements emergency services. But is ONLY valid whilst a 'Settlement Central AI Complex' is located on your settlement.

S.R.P. Account Booster Upgrade
This is an account upgrade that once applied adds a 30% bonus to the base SRP income of any settlement a Captain owns. The 30% bonus is added before any settlement bonuses are applied from staffing SPS. This bonus is account wide so will affect both settlements if a captain owns more than one.

Almost all serious settlement owners have this upgrade on their account as it works across settlements. IE if you have two Settlements it works for both!

ALL ACCOUNT UPGRADES CAN BE FOUND OVER HERE (NEW WINDOW)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Account Addons - Guide Part 2

Post by Coops »

Add-ons with Reference to Actual Captains Stats

THESE ITEMS / UPGRADES CAN BE FOUND OVER HERE (NEW WINDOW)

Health Regen + 10
This is a permanent account upgrade. Once applied it will add a + 10 Health Tick on to your account every 15 Minutes. This upgrade will increase your Health until it reaches your Max Health. (this is useful when exploring Derelicts or Planets).

Required Captain Level 15+

Health Stamina+ 5
This is a permanent account upgrade. Once applied your normal 5 Stamina per 15 minute tick will doubled to 10 per tick. This allows for twice the regen than a normal account without this upgrade. (this is useful when exploring Derelicts or Planets).

Required Captain Level 15+

Stamina Boost + 100
This is a Permanent Stamina Boost. Once purchased and and installed your Max Stamina is increased by 100. This does not affect your current stamina pool it only increases your Max Stamina.

The current Core-Exiles Stamina ticker runs every 15 mins adding 5 Stamina to your stamina pool on each tick up to your maximum Stamina. Adding this Stamina boost to your account will double your Stamina pool size.

As of June 4th 2012, you may now add a Maximum of TWO of these to your account increasing your Total Stamina by 200.

Health Boost + 100
This is a Permanent Health (HP) Boost. Once purchased and and installed your Max Health is increased by 100. This does not affect your current health pool it only increases your Max Health.

The current Core-Exiles Health ticker runs every 15 mins adding Health to your Health pool on each tick up to your maximum health. Adding this Health boost to your account will increase your max Health pool size by 100.

As of October 2013, you may now add a Maximum of TWO of these to your account increasing your Total Health by 200

DECEMBER SPECIAL ITEMS
Generally speaking these items are ONLY for sale during the month of December and into the First week of January. There are no store links for them until December.

The Rudolf Upgrade - CAN BE FOUND HERE
For many years the designers and technicians at 'Truly Wonderful' had been working on a personal upgrade modification chip with one specific purpose. Time and time again they came up against the 'Dev Laws' Laws that simply could not be broken or bent.

Like the laws of Gravity or Physics the 'Dev Law' regarding Structure Points was set in stone. Yet it seems a young scientist by the name of Rudolf 'Red-nose' Stevens has managed to 'Bend' the Dev Laws.

It seems that this 'Upgrade' is only available during the Christmas period, but once purchased (from the Official CE Store) it becomes a permanent upgrade.

Structure Point Increase: +5

Donner & Blitzen - CAN BE FOUND HERE
For many years the designers and technicians at 'Truly Wonderful' had been working on a personal upgrade modification chip with one specific purpose. Time and time again they came up against the 'Dev Laws' Laws that simply could not be broken or bent.

Like the laws of Gravity or Physics the 'Dev Law' regarding Structure Points was set in stone. Yet it seems two young scientists by the name of Donner Merryman & Ralph Blitzen has managed to once again 'Bend' the Dev Laws.

It seems that this 'Upgrade' is only available during the Christmas period, but once purchased (from the Official CE Store) it becomes a permanent upgrade.

Structure Point Increase: +5

(Small note: The Rudolph was created many years ago with the Donner & Blitzen being added a few years later. You may purchase EITHER OR BOTH. Allowing you to increase your Structure Points to 30 in total.)[/b]
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Account Addons - Guide Part 3

Post by Coops »

Emporiums
Emporium License
Don't want to buy one in game with credits but want to show your support via the store, no worries we have you covered! You can purchase your Emporium License direct through the CE store if you wish. Don't forget you can have more than one emporium if you so choose!

Emporium Stock + 25
By default all stores come with a stock row limit of 25. This add-on increases your global stocks limit by 25. This is added to your account as an upgrade and will globally affect all current and future Emporium stores opened under your name.

You may purchase as many of these +25 upgrades as you require.

Store Remove Token
Because removing stores is somewhat complicated we have decided to make this have a cost relationship to stop payers constantly opening and closing them. (yes we did see this initially). So you can now obtain a Store Removal Token.

Store Rename Token
Whilst we do warn folks to think carefully about the name of their Emporiums we were constantly having to 'rename' them for players in the early days. So wee added the Rename Token. So if you WANT to rename your Emporium you now can without GM / Dev contact.

Buddies
A few years back we struck upon the idea of in game Buddies to aid you in locating items and resources you may have otherwise missed. We started out with just a few and over time that has grown to encompass most of the professions and activities. You can review if you HAVE any buddies in game via the 'View Assets' Tab on the right then clicking 'Buddy Review'.

We have buddies for the following at this time of posting :

Mining
Combat
Salvage
Exploration
Genesis
Settlements
Corporations
Haulage & Union
Mining Barge

Finally B.O.B-007 which increases the boost of the processing power of the Normal Bob Artefact System. BOB-007 will boost the normal Bob process by up to 35%. In turn this means you will receive BOB awarded Rare Artefacts more frequently (still based on your play time)

Lastly the Booster which increases the amount of items found by 35% of any of the resource collecting Buddies.

Coops
Site Admin

Account Add-ons - Guide 4

Post by Coops »

Mining Barges
Well, in a nut shell its a semi autonomous ship designed to be deployed (by you) and controlled by an a.I Mining Bot when your not there :). It can traverse the Asteroid Fields in the Universe (Expanse Pending) and mine ores for you whilst you sleep, play chess or make tea... Unlike simply Mining Drones, this is a fully loaded Mining Vessel with a lot of bells and whistles to be unlocked and utilised.

You can locate the Mining Barge Primer OVER HERE. Take time to give that a good read. It's not a complete how to but it will get you started.

From the Store you can obtain items for your Barge.

Mining Barge Sections 1-4
To deploy a Mining barge you need the four major sections that are assembled to deploy it (at an asteroid field). These are crafted by players but can also be purchased directly from the store if you wished to show your support.

Power Cell Regen
This ability when purchased increases the power cell regen by a factor of 100% per tick. This ability is a CE Store Purchase ONLY.
This is a Non Primary ability and is passively active once added. Power Cells ONLY regenerate during Mining Operation down times.

Mining Barge Ore Hold +1,000
When purchased this expands your Mining Barges Ore Cargo Hold by 1,000 units. Mining barges start with an existing 1000 units and over time you can unlock more by levelling. How ever having more ore storage space will mean you don't have to empty your ore store so often, and when you have more power cells your barge can mine for longer periods.

A.I Barge Points Pack
A Mining Barge A.I is not the brightest bulb requires Points to spend in each of its Ten Skills to truly make it shine. This pack adds 200 A.I Skill Points to your Barges A.I. You can then choose how to disperse these.