mining barge questions.

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
james t kirk

Re: mining barge questions.

Post by james t kirk »

ok folks I've levelled my barge to lvl 5 which means I've unlocked another loadout slot. I've put another mining laser on it. will that do anything good for my barge? or is it a waste of time my doing it.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

You can run what ever you like on your barge that you have access to James T. By fitting TWO mining lasers you have altered the speed at which you will fill your hold. So that may have an effect on your 'schedule' (if you have one). IE by doubling your mining capacity you have halved the time it takes to fill your hold :) Of course that depends on your hold. Lots of moving parts :)

Short answer - no that's fine you simply get twice as much ore now per Power cell cycle.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

awesome thanks coops for that response.
james t kirk

mining events questions.

Post by james t kirk »

ok so I have another question now and this is with reference to the events.

whether it be engineering, defense or diplomacy, how do you know when you've put enough points into a given field? I'm on lvl 6 now and I haven't had 1 positive event. not yet anyway. can any of you more advanced users shed some light on this?
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

If the mining barges work even remotely like the settlements with regards to events, you're in for the long haul before you'll see any positive events (the odd "not quite catastrophic" event might show up, but I'd consider that to be a freak occurrence ;-) ).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

751-1001 is enough to see only positive events. No idea about exact numbers, I just put 250 when I saw negative output.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

and what level are you now then? am at lvl 6 now.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

It was true at level 6 or seven, not remember exactly. I levelled up one skill until I get only positives, then another one. and I kept Industrial Mining pretty low then.

I'm close to lvl 10 now, and 751 seems sufficient atm.
Mastafunk

Post by Mastafunk »

Do I really have to pay 140M creds to buy a barge license? That will wipe me out!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

My barge is at level 12. The "Bad" events stopped around 750-800 skill points and all were good results after that.
Adding points just increased the credit and XP reward for each event. I've got 2000 in each now and am going to push them
up to 3000 as soon as I finish opening up the 22 mining levels (Industrial Mining, at level 20 now). You probably know,
that increasing your levels adds new ores/gases to your results. And navigation - you get different ores/gases in different
universes too. It pays to move around occasionally. I've got 1000 pts in navigation which gives me a range of 600, so can pretty
much jump to any galaxy if I plan it right.