Hi

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Diarri

Hi

Post by Diarri »

Greetings from a newbie who is right now overwhelmed - but in the best way - after spending some time with this pretty awesome game.

And question - energy weapon or kinetic weapon?
pikolinianita

Re: Hi

Post by pikolinianita »

Welcome to The Game, Captain :)

Kinetic

PS Don't forget to send PM to Coops to get your 20,000 cr :)
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Welcome to the game, Diarri! If you have any questions there are tons of helpful people around the game, just ask!

Kinetic weapons require less IP / skill points to equip and less ship Energy to use. Investing in energy weapons allows you to multitask into also equipping certain salvaging lasers that you need to salvage Raids and the roaming Alien derelict in the Expanse. For my money, energy weapons just aren't worth it. It's too hard for me with my schedule to be around whenever people get around to taking out the Raids, so I have never gotten to salvage one, and the alien derelict isn't enough of a boon when I spend so little time in the Expanse due to my needs in-game. I've invested big into Kinetic Weapons skill for actual combat (and for the salvage drill that I use to salvage the ships I destroy), but I also have a little bit of Energy Weapon skill just for that salvage laser for the alien derelict, but I consider it wasted skill points and I'll be getting rid of them when I do my next IP reset.

Have fun!
Diarri

Post by Diarri »

Thank you for the welcome and for advice about the weapon :D
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Diarri, welcome to Core Exiles.
Kinetic vs Energy is one of those "What tastes better" kind of arguments.
Everyone as a different opinion, so go with whatever suits your play style.
I'm energy myself, cause I like salvaging, combat not so much.
rpgaddict

Post by rpgaddict »

Welcome Capt. Diarri,

The advice on weapons is good, Kinetic for fighting only go Energy if you want to multi-task into salvage, for derelicts kinetic also have the edge.

Also do not rush to use your resets they are rare a new one only every 20 levels and when you get more experienced you will almost certainly want to change your shield type.

Fly safe ans prosper. :)