Hello

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Nelson

Hello

Post by Nelson »

Captain Nelson here.

And of course I'm doing this for the money! :mrgreen:
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

Thanks. What I am more worried about is getting answers. But I guess that will be fine here.

Jonas Hawk seems to not be very functional. It's the cold season I suppose, I accepted his mission but I am still waiting for his acknowledgement that I completed it, and the reception of the promised credits and XP points, but nothing is forthcoming. When I click on the tab above right, andf on the relevant mission tab (CPN or what's it called again), I get redirected to Jonas Hawk repreating what he already was saying the last time (accept the mission, credits and XP points blabla) etc.

I am level 3 now but solely through hauling stuff for the Ashar company, I'd like to have more diversified experience as the Jonas Hawk missions are supposed to provide.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Nelson, welcome to Core Exiles.

Generally, if you can't get the ack for completing a mission, it usually means you missed or skipped
something. I think, for Jonas, you have to be docked at his location to complete? I'm not sure, it's been a real long
time since I've done his missions. Read the text VERY carefully.
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

Coops wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:51 am

Most of all - Have Fun!
We'll try, thanks.
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

MarcSp wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 am Hello Captain Nelson, welcome to Core Exiles.

Generally, if you can't get the ack for completing a mission, it usually means you missed or skipped
something. I think, for Jonas, you have to be docked at his location to complete? I'm not sure, it's been a real long
time since I've done his missions. Read the text VERY carefully.
It's the very first mission you get from Jonas Hawk, for crying out loud. It's just about reading a page, and earning 2500 credits with Ashar, and then coming back to Hawk, and that's all. I have come back several times alrady but everytime you get the same text, saying you have still a mission going and come back once it is completed. I feel like a fool.

Sure, I can just go on making credits with Ashar for days and days, but this is not my idea of a game you want to be playing. And what when I reach level 5 and beyond? Will I still have to come back to Hawk? And again?
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hawk is one of the very early mission givers and hundreds if not thousands of players have
successfully completed his missions, so its unlikely something is broken there. If I recall, you accept his mission,
run off and do some ashar runs to earn 2500, then return to Hawk, then in the upper right "View Tasks" menu,
select NPC missions, it should show Hawk and a button "Complete this mission" .
If that doesn't work, pop into chat (the third footer icon, a blue oval with ! in it) and contact one of the staffers,
theres almost always one hanging out in there all hours.