Slow Down

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
jforjesse3

Slow Down

Post by jforjesse3 »

Hello, jforjesse3 from Texas. Retired, truck driver (forced), mild aphasia (stroke). so don't be surprised if a say some thing that just don't make sense, I usually catch it and try again. Still trying to figure it all out. Still trying to get around the Idea of slowing down :fuel, crafting, finding anything. Be patient with me please, and Ill try not to keep the lines busy with all these questions. Already hit the discord lanes and they tried to help. Coops was right, I just need to slow down. This game is definatly different, lol, maybe that's what I need. Thank you.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Slow Down

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain jforjesse3, welcome to Core Exiles.
Don't worry, you'll do fine. Slowing down is a great idea, moving too fast just leads to frustration in this game anyway.
There's no need for speed here.
John Carter Barsoom

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Hey, Captain Jforjesse3,

Welcome to Core Exiles. It can be a relaxed, slow-paced game if you that is what you prefer. Trading and exploring are two good activities for that. As a trucker (a lorry driver), you already know how to haul loads in real life. You can do something similar in this game by becoming a trader. Of course, there are many other things you can do too: exploration, manufacturing, space combat, and more.

In real life, I have helped to take care of people with your conditions. Don't feel self-conscious. Instead, be glad that you are being socially active online, and be glad that you are giving your brain some mental exercise too by exploring a science fiction game. The people here are usually sociable and helpful: both at this discussion board and in the chat room.

After you reach level 5-10 and you have a sense of the game, you might want to consider joining a guild. (It's sort of like joining a labor union.) Most guilds provide their members with mentoring and access to libraries of information, plus some kind of other benefits to members. I joined the "Aesir Guild," and I am quite pleased with it. It offers members 10% bonuses in credits and experience points for contracts, and it offers a 50-50 loan program for buying new ships. If you are interested, contact either Locknload or King David.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the game.

John Carter Barsoom