howdy

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Zaristan

howdy

Post by Zaristan »

Hey all I am Zaristan, I live in the midwest of the USA So far the game is keeping my interest, and that is a good start. I think it is because there is so darn much stuff to have to learn, sometimes it seems a bit overwhelming, and frustrating, but i tend to do things slowly and keep at it til i get at least most of it figured out.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: howdy

Post by Elkhorn »

Welcome Zaristan,
For the most part it isn't a race. You have plenty of time to figure things out and move at your own pace. Remember if you have any questions, stop by the chat.
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by MadMaxxx »

Hi Captain Zaristan,
Welcome to Core Exiles. Like Captain Elkhorn said this game isnt race(its more like a marathon) as there is always something around the next corner or over the horizon.
Feel free to come to chat if you got any questions and we will our best to help you out. Also check for any active competitions and take a part in it as the rewards are very beneficial to new players.

Best Regards
MadMaxxx
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE Stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Zaristan, welcome to Core Exiles. As mentioned above, CE is a marathon, not a race, so going slow and steady
works really well. Frankly most of the newcomers here who want quick advancements/rewards tend to leave once they
learn this game does not reward speed like that.
John Carter Barsoom

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Welcome, Captain Zaristan !

The introductory missions teach the basics of the game, and they present some of the possible careers within the game: fighter / pirate, miner, manufacturer, courier, trader, etc. There are others too, like salvager or passenger carrier. You really are free in this game to be whatever you want, depending on your talents and on the choices you make with your opportunities.

After you learn the basics of the game (by reaching level 5 or so), you might want to consider joining a guild. Different guilds offer different bonuses and mentoring, which can quicken a player's ability to rise in experience and wealth. There is a folder here at the forum about guilds, for more information.

I joined the Aesir guild and I am quite pleased with it. Aesir offers a 10% bonus on money and experience for contracts, and a loan program to buy a new ship, and plenty of mentoring, and no one making demands on your time or wealth. If you are interested, contact a player named Locknload or player named King David for more information.

-- John Carter Barsoom