Hello

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Maximus

Hello

Post by Maximus »

Hi there all! I am loving this game....it is so detailed and extensive...I don't think I will ever get bored with it!
MarcSp

Re: Hello

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Maximus, welcome to Core Exiles.
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by MadMaxxx »

Hello Captain Maximus. Welcome to Core Exiles.
Glad that you like the game and yes its very extensive :).
Come visit us in ingame chat too.

Best Regards
MadMaxxx
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
John Carter Barsoom

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Hello Captain Maximus !

I'm a new player too; I joined the game in January 2018 and I really enjoy it. It is indeed extensive, but it is not overwhelming. It's measured; and as you advance, so too do the opportunities and dimensions of this game.

The freedom is breathtaking in Core Exiles. You really can do and become whatever you choose in this game: fighter, explorer, pirate, freight hauler, merchant prince, etc. You are given a ship and several galaxies of opportunity, and the rest is up to you and your choices.

After you learn the basic principles (level 5+) by playing the beginner's missions, you might want to consider joining a guild. Guild's have resources and mentors that can help you advance in the game more quickly and have more fun.

I joined the Aesir guild, and I am quite pleased with it: there are 10%+ bonuses on credits and experience, plenty of mentoring if you ask, plenty of written materials to study, a loan program to buy a better ship, and no one pushing you to give them money or services just for joining. You can join and do nothing else and collect the 10%+ bonuses on credits and experience. But, it's more enjoyable to participate and help others. Contact a player by the name of Locknload for more information.

Right now, in honor of the Olympics and Special Olympics, there is an Olympic Competition in the Core Exiles game. You can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2652&p=15232 It is wrapping up this weekend.

One of the big issues of the game is fuel. You can't go to places and do things without it. Better reactors work more efficiently. Those can take time to save for and to acquire, however. In the meantime, here are some ways to get more fuel: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=694

Enjoy the game.

John Carter Barsoom
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I am having trouble connecting on discord. When I click on it...it goes to the discord site...says redirecting...and just sits there. Any suggestions?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Technically if your using a standard web browser from a desktop and are using the Chat icon in the game it should link and redirect you to the Core-Exiles chat.

Of course, if your NOT using a web standards compliant browser OR are using a tablet or phone then the issue will vary.

Generally speaking in Firefox, IE (latest) and Chrome simply clicking the next link will open a new tab and launch the chat CLICK ME

In case your browser blocks the link here is a guest invite (non expiring) https://discord.gg/Wtj2jH4

Copy that to your browser URL and try that.

All fails to install one of their apps on your OS and connect using that link above.

Coops

Edit : I just tested both the link in this forum above and cutting pasting the link into my browser - both took me to Core-Exiles Chat.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!