Hello from Skyler

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Skyler

Hello from Skyler

Post by Skyler »

Hello everyone its an honor to meet you all.
My captains name is Skyler but my name is Ryan, and I am a new player from the U.S. So far I've just completed the new player quests but am loving the game so far and thought I'd post a message here to hopefully meet other players/New players like me. I look forward to speaking with you all in the upcoming months! :)
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Hello from Skyler

Post by Elkhorn »

Welcome to the Sphere Captain! Stop by the chat to meet some of us!
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello captain Skyler, welcome to Core Exiles.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome, Captain

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
John Carter Barsoom

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Hello Captain Skyler,

I'm a new player too; I joined the game in January 2018 and I really enjoy it. I don't use the chat feature much, but feel free to send me a private message if you want.

The freedom is breathtaking in Core Exiles. You really can do and become whatever you choose in this game.

After you learn the basic principles (level 5+), you might want to consider joining a guild. Guild's have resources and mentors that can help you advance in the game more quickly and have more fun. I joined the Aesir guild, and I am quite pleased with it: there are 10%+ bonuses on credits and experience, plenty of mentoring if you ask, plenty of written materials to study, a loan program to buy a better ship, and no one pushing you to give them money or services just for joining. You can join and do nothing else and collect the 10%+ bonuses on credits and experience. But, it's more enjoyable to participate and help others. Contact a player by the name of Locknload for more information.

Right now, in honor of the Olympics and Special Olympics, there is an Olympic Competition in the Core Exiles game. You can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2652&p=15232 It's fun, and you can participate in three ways.

-- Beacons: These are awarded or discovered through playing the game. You can turn these in to Olympic Centers for credits and experience points. You choose which country to support from a list of of 34 countries. (Viva Romania!) All the countries have the same value for credits and experience points, but it's fun for people to support a country of their choice.

-- Flags: These are awarded or discovered through playing the game. Collect a set of 1 each for the 34 countries on the list, and then turn them in at an Olympic Center for several prizes. Extra flags can be traded among players or traded in at Festive Centers. Festive Centers are scattered throughout several star systems (for example: Descartes system, planet Daphine, town of Rama). Collect "Festive Points" from various competitions and from the daily opportunity to promote the game for 200 extra fuel points (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=694) Festive points can be used to acquire all sorts of useful things, like premium membership or repair kits for your starship (hint, hint). You can turn in extra flags for 10 Festive Points each at the Festive Centers.

-- Olympic Tokens: These are awarded or discovered through playing the game. If you can accumulate 50 of them, send a private message to Coops (the administrator) and he will give you an upgrade.

Enjoy the game.

John Carter Barsoom