Saying Hello !

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
John Carter Barsoom

Saying Hello !

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Hello, Everyone !

I'm from Ohio in the United States. I've reached the tenth level, hauling freight and passengers. I'm enjoying the game.

Parts of "Core Exiles" remind me of the "Traveller" game (from back in the early 1980s) by Marc W. Miller / Game Designers' Workshop: a galactic setting, jump lanes, tech levels, law levels, character classes, skill levels, and so on. I mean that as a compliment. And, of course, I realize that "Core Exiles" is its own unique game. Yet, it's nice to play something online that reminds of that good science fiction paper-and-pencils game.

A quick question: Can you convert in-game money ("credits") into fuel tickets?

A bit longer question: Aside from amassing money and credits, is there an objective or a goal to this game?

Cordial regards,

"John Carter Barsoom"
MarcSp

Re: Saying Hello !

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain John Barsoom, welcome to Core Exiles.

You can't convert credits into fuel directly but occasionally some players will purchase fuel tickets in
exchange for credits - keep an eye on the buy/sell forum (here and the ingame one also).

As for a goal, no. Mostly you set your own goals and work toward them. There is no end-goal to this game
as its intended to be an ongoing adventure. If you need incentive, check out the stats portal and try to get yourself
ranked top in one of the careers. Becoming a Billionaire is also a popular goal.
John Carter Barsoom

Thank you, MarcSp, for the welcome and the responses !
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

John Carter Barsoom wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 pm A bit longer question: Aside from amassing money and credits, is there an objective or a goal to this game?

Cordial regards,

"John Carter Barsoom"
We have players here that started some 11 Years ago and still play every day. Whilst there is no 'Overal Goal' there are many Goalposts to shoot for as you work your way through 'life' in Core-Exiles.

Ship Progression and all that entails (from level 1 to Over 200)

Professions covering, Hauling, Combat, Mining, Salvage, Exploration of Derlecits and Planets...

Long term things to read up on...

Settlements
Genesis Plots
Mining Barges
Corporations
Ship Crew

Take your time, remember there are no stupid questions and take part in the community, they will aid you emensely in your journey :)

USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Useful links :
CE Guides Site
CE Player WIKI
CE stats Portal

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
John Carter Barsoom

Thank you, Coops, for that thoughtful reply !

I am enjoying this game quite a bit! :)