Greetings; Captain Mitch Kormic Here

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Kormic

Greetings; Captain Mitch Kormic Here

Post by Kormic »

Hi. I'm new to CE and very intimidated by the game, but slowly learning. When OOC, I am a blind jazz musician, having played keys since age 3, and I love fusion, '80's, and anything else with a lot of synth in it--except new age. Because I'm blind, I can't use the Galaxy map, but I seem to understand that there is an alternative method of using the jump gate system. ICLY, Kormic will probably stick to the law, at least for a while ... but who knows? Any advice on how to start would be helpful, as the guides are a bit visual. OOCLY, I make my home on the central coast of California, and teach a music program at the local high school when I'm not doing gigs. I also love computers of all kinds, and am basically a walking geek. Hope to meet some good friends here.
MarcSp

Re: Greetings; Captain Mitch Kormic Here

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Kormic, welcome to Core Exiles.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome Captain,

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat. (We have existing VI players who use the browser version with success).

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

Welcome to CE Captain Kormic,

You can use the plotter to assist you when using the jump gate system, it is one of the two icons at the top right, when clicked it will open a popup (that you can leave open for your session on CE). when open you can fill the stating system and destination system once that is done you will get a list of systems to jump to in order from where you are to where you want to end up using the least amount of fuel to do so no matter how long the complete distance is
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
samudra

Post by samudra »

Hello Captain Kormic, welcome to Core Exiles.

captain samudra here
Don't underestimate our sniper just because his nose is long..
Kormic

Post by Kormic »

Thanks to all for the welcome.A few questions:• I made it to lvl 4 and went to see gunny, then to Farpoint where I'm confused by the Combat interface. Did a scan and found only ships, not drones, unless I'm doing something wrong. Remember, I'm blind, so I need VI style instructions.Also, I'm running low on energy reservs, so I wonder if there is a way to boost my energy stats?
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

I'm gonna send you 100k just to get you started, you can afford to make some mistakes in terms of buying stuff now.

As for instructions, i think you might be using a non-recommended screenreader which is hampering your interaction with the game.
All i know is that in the Captain Bio page is an option to enable VI / Blind Mode, i have no idea what it does though heh.
Your best bet is to ask for help from other VI players.