Faullen Saying Hi

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Faullen

Faullen Saying Hi

Post by Faullen »

New to CE obviously, but played PBBG games for years and a big fan of space themed 4x games.
MarcSp

Re: Faullen Saying Hi

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Faullen, and welcome to Core Exiles.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome Captain,

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
samudra

Post by samudra »

Hello Captain Faullen, welcome to Core Exiles.

captain samudra here
Don't underestimate our sniper just because his nose is long..
Faullen

Post by Faullen »

Getting underway, but I have no idea where to locate places like Challenge Exchange Office, and a beginner quest asks for animal pelts which seem to come from combat drops, but I don't know what level enemy I have to attack to get them. Done the first NPC Combat tasks (all of Gunnies quests) but not a single animal pelt drop.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

There is a Challenge office on planet Sankarea in Kelsey system.
On the bottom footer bar of the main game window, there is an icon looking like a small computer terminal,
it should be labelled CE FINDER. Click this to open a large pop up window which contains a list of all places in CE.
Its a large download and takes a few seconds to open even on a high speed internet connection.

Somewhere in this forum, search for a series of posts with Combat Loot Drop Table as a title. Use the search
function cause I'm sure its at least two years old by now. That should get you a link to a downloadable spreadsheet
listing ship types and what loot they drop in each galaxy. Its quite extensive.

As for animal pelts, learn to place orders on the Galactic Buyers Market, thats the best way to get quest loot at the
beginning. Over time you will just accumulate loot and that will lessen the need for the GBM.
Faullen

Post by Faullen »

Thanks, got the animal pelts via GBM as suggested. The next beginner quest was for 5 Historical items, GBM demands 10 minimum as items to be bought through the market. I certainly would have liked that designed a bit better, particularly at the start when funds are low.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Don't worry about the excess Historical Items - theres an NPC with a quest chain that wants bunches of those.
You're probably too low level to engage that NPC yet, but you can start accumulating them now.

same thing with animal pelts - theres some gal out in ConFed space that wants *hundreds* of pelts.
Faullen

Post by Faullen »

Thanks.

Is there a work around for Winston Harper beginner quest that wants 65 Oxygen? The beginner vessel holds 50 and as a beginner I can't afford the reactor and cargo upgrades to be able to hold it onboard. I have the 65 Oxygen in commercial storage at Cinq Port but he won't accept that as having completed the task, and he doesn't accept partial deliveries either

Problem solved, it can be aborted without consequence so that is what I have done. Only problem now is the NPC's only tell you where to go next IF you complete all their tasks, and that chain is now broken :(
Faullen

Post by Faullen »

Is there a thread about NPC missions, or game snags somewhere I seem to keep stumbling over stuff the EVERYBODY ELSE knows but it is not explained anywhere.

Mission Details :
Return to Carole Charmaine with 50 Ore (Sassion).

I take the mission, it's a courier mission but there is nothing there to pick up, it's not an asteroid so I can't ship mine it. What am I supposed to do here?