Greetings from Caccio!

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Caccio

Greetings from Caccio!

Post by Caccio »

Greetings from a veteran (44 years old) gamer, who has unfortunately lost his vision round a year ago.

Since I was always fond of space-based MMORPG browser-games, (actually they were always my favorites of that genre), I am trying to find a proper replacement for those, which I was regularily playing before, meaning during my "sighted" period, for over 9 years.
I was recommended this game, Core Exiles, by the Audiogames.net site's forum community, as the best, screen-reader friendly, space-based genre MMO browser-game, which is supposed to be playable to blind people too.

I sincerely hope that will prove right, and I will be able to play this game properly, since judged by all the playing-style alternatives I already noticed in its gameplay, Core Exiles could be just the perfect game for me, fulfilling all my expectations from its genre!
(in general: the more creative a space-based browser-game is, the more I like it)

Best regards,
Caccio
from Hungary
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Greetings from Caccio!

Post by Bebeb »

Welcome to CE Caccio,

We have an impaired sight section in these forums, i won't link it here due to your expressed intention not to use them due to getting lost when you try.
You are of course free to search for them either from the search box at the top of this page or by going down the list on the board index page, happy hunting, there is a lot of good advice in those posts.

I hope your stay with us is long and enjoyable.

Regards,
Bebeb.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
Caccio

Post by Caccio »

Many thanks for the moral support and encouragement!

Actually I started to get along better with the game-interface, there are fewer and fewer elements left, which I am still not competent enough with...

I do have a few questions regarding those matters, but I would rather avoid annoying people with them here, since I can just ask them on the game-chat instead, where I will probably get answers to them in a few minutes time.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Welcome Captain,

CE is a vast game with a lot to take in and learn. But take small bites at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you do the starter missions and work out what type of main profession you want to do. USE the player base both HERE in the forums and in Discord Chat.

We are all here to help you in your quest to learn more about CE, so don't be worried about asking questions.

Most of all - Have Fun!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Welcome to the game, Captain :)
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Caccio, welcome to Core Exiles. Hope you find the game suitable to your desires.
Caccio

Post by Caccio »

Well, since the most answers to my questions I can get either from players in the chat, or from topic-related guides in the game, I would rather ask only for "professional" advices and hints regarding my chosen gameplay-style, and about how to achieve my longer-term plans, goals more efficiently, meaning to progress, and advance in the proper "direction" to accomplish them.

Initially I plan to play an exploring-centered character here, I like space and planet-exploring very much, I am often still dreaming of it in my real-life as well..
However, since I consider combat, meaning the "pew-pew" action for the thrill of space-based games, I intend to do lots of it here, meaning I wish to become an aggressive type of an explorer, who grabs every chance of space-battle wile on his exploration-voyage, especially when the ods are in his favor, LOL!

So n explorer with "fighter-spirit" we could say.

Ok, I know, no classic in-game PvP is featured by this game, (there are only the arranged, so called "mechs", and I do intend to propose a lot of them when the time comes), but there are still a bunch of evil, or neutral, appearing, wandering, lurking NPCs to find, attack, and kill out in the space, right?

(correct me if I am wrong, but this game looks quite-much like a browser-version of Eve Online to me...)

So, considering my above mentioned long-term plans, any specific, professional advice about what to concentrate on, especially now in the starting game-phase?

Edit:
The in-game chat starts as a separate application, which somehow disturbs, (partially prevents, or even blocks), my proper NVDA screen-reader navigation, so I must always close it to move on, but you guys can freely post any related links here.
Last edited by Caccio on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caccio

Post by Caccio »

Oh btw, I found, and turned on the "blind/vip" mode,and it indeed made the game-interface a bit easier and faster for me to handle and use, thanks a lot for that hint!

At the moment I am trying to figure out, where to buy a cargo-bay extension for my ship, which will speed-up the, (to me a bit boring, but still necessary), credit-earning period, LOL!