Captain Arlentz at your service.

New to Core-Exiles - Say hello and claim your reward! New players read the announcement within this section on how to claim your 20,000 Credits!
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Captain Arlentz at your service.

Post by Arlentz »

Hello to future friends and... Well, we'll see, out there! I am Captain Arlentz, a true and total noob who is looking forward to learning the game from the bottom up. I'm from the southeastern USA, and just wanted to send a friendly shout out to my fellow players. This game looks like a blast, and any help/mentoring/advice will always be appreciated! :-)
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Re: Captain Arlentz at your service.

Post by Jager 602 »

Happy to have you! Best advice I can give (other than don't go into combat with a mining laser) is to read the player guides and the wiki. Then don't be afraid to ask questions :)
A plaque on both your horses.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hello Captain Arlentz, welcome to Core Exiles.

As Jager said: read the player guides (left side of game screen under CE guides); also the wiki has great info;
do the starter misson chains (Jonas on starbase-51, Gunny on New Orion, you can do some of Tomar's early
missions on New Jerusalem but may not be able to do the later missions until you level up a bit. If you get stuck/confused
on anything, jump into the chat for quick answers. Or post/search here on the forums, you'll likely find an answer.

Basically, there is only one way to mess up your character, and thats by being a pirate (attacking friendlies - the green ships).
Pretty much everything else/all other careers, will help you move along and learn and levelup.
Just be careful what you attack, thats the only way to mess yourself up.
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Many thanks for the advice. :-)

I'm working on reading the guides and the wiki now, BEFORE I start pestering everyone with questions. LOL All I've done so far is managed to level up to level 1, and I'm looking at how to, and even if I should, spend my newly gain player xp and on which skills. I'm working on finding out what all the skills offer, and on seeing what kind of character I might want to become. This really does look like FUN! I love how open-ended it is. I'm not stuck following a story-line; I can create my own story. :-) I love it!
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

Welcome to CE Arlentz, I hope your stay with us is long and enjoyable :)

Something to look out for is to only spend your IPs (IPs are one of the most scarce things in CE) on skills you need as you progress in the many varied activities that can be done in CE, the NPC missions will let you know what to put where as they take you through the beginner stages of several career options. Only spend as much as they tell you and later on just enough to upgrade to the next best item for that skill.

Another wonderful thing here is you can totally change what you are doing by using a free skill reset, you start with 1 and get another every 20 levels until you hit level 100. This means if you feel as though you have totally wrecked your skill distribution you can use a reset (get all the accumulated IPs back) and redo your skills so that none of the IPs are in skills you are not using or wanting to use at that time.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help